Unlike the past, many companies are shifting towards the third party maintenance services because of the severe budget constraints and reductions in capital expenditures. Organizations seeking to do more while spending less are interested in third party maintenance to limit their service costs while retaining or possibly even upgrading their service and performance.
Benefits of Third Party Maintenance services
• Reduced Maintenance costs when compared to manufacturer service
• Life cycles beyond manufacturers end of life support
• Single Point for support when dealing with multiple service providers
Myths About Muti vendor support
Myth: Since Third-party maintenance services are less expensive than manufacturer services“they must be losing on something”
• Since the manufacturer makes an investment on hardware research and development, they design their pricing structure to recover those costs.
• As there are no investments in terms of R&D and minimal costs involved in advertisements and product campaigns, Third Party Maintenance service providers can save a lot on the costs.
• The manufacturer sales teams are encouraged to focus on selling new equipment rather than promoting the extension of life of installed data center equipment. This is due to their need to compensate their investments on new hardware!
Myth: No software support with Multi-vendor maintenance providers
• For the majority of major operating systems the firmware, patches and upgrades are available publicly.
• If these are not available, multi-vendor maintenance providers can help customers procure them and assist them with the installation.
• Software are mostly stable and in most cases, no upgrades are needed in a post-warranty/end-of-life scenario.
Can Trivatech Group show you the path to these reductions?
Contact us today to find out!