“It’s important to ensure you’re protected so you can avoid the business disruption and damage to your reputation that comes from a ransomware attack, and the direct impact to your bottom line.
Ensuring the best protection when you have time, budget and other resource constraints, can feel like an insurmountable challenge. It’s also difficult to understand how and where ransomware, a rapidly evolving threat, is most likely to attack.
MINIMIZE THE RISK You need a plan to minimize your risk when it comes to ransomware. There is no silver bullet, but understanding the most common ways ransomware attacks, gives you the prioritized steps you can take to provide the best protection for your business.
Our solutions protect your business at every entry point, so you don’t have to put a price tag on your data.
EMAIL PROTECTION It all starts with your users. They’re the most vulnerable when it comes to ransomware – whether it’s falling for a phishing email or clicking on a malicious web link. Trend Micro has blocked over 99 million ransomware threats since October 2015, and 99 percent of those were found in malicious emails or web links. By blocking ransomware at the email gateway, you are preventing it from ever reaching your users.
Trend Micro Hosted Email Security is a cloud-based email gateway that protects you from ransomware threats that arrive via spear phishing emails or malicious email attachments. This removes the worry that your users will be tricked into clicking on something that will begin a ransomware attack in your business.
Hosted Email Security requires no hardware or software to install and maintain. All emailbased threats are kept completely off your network, helping your business reclaim IT staff time, end-user productivity, network bandwidth, mail server storage, and CPU capacity. In addition, Trend Micro’s worldwide team of experts manage all hot fixes, patches, updates, and application tuning to continuously optimize security and performance.
Hosted Email Security:
• Detects and blocks ransomware with malware scanning and file risk assessment • Gives you advanced threat protection with sandbox malware analysis and document exploit detection
• Uses web reputation to protect against web links in emails that are malicious Best of all, Hosted Email Security is hosted in the cloud by Trend Micro, so you don’t need to worry about deploying and managing anything on-premises. And it is available in a convenient package, Worry-Free Services Advanced, which also includes endpoint protection.
ENDPOINT PROTECTION Trend Micro detected 99 percent of ransomware threats in email messages or web links. That still leaves 1 percent that could make it through to your endpoint. Trend Micro Worry-Free Services Advanced delivers specific capabilities that minimize the risk of ransomware to your endpoints, including:
• Behavior monitoring for suspicious behavior associated with ransomware, such as the rapid encryption of multiple files, so that the encryption process can be automatically stopped and the endpoint isolated, before ransomware can spread and cause more damage to your data
• Real-time web reputation to determine if a URL is a known delivery vehicle for ransomware Worry-Free Services Advanced provides cloud-based endpoint and email protection, and delivers enterprise-grade security designed specifically for your small business, so you can:
• Focus on your business, not your security infrastructure—as a cloud-based service your security is automatically kept up to date, and there is nothing to manage on-premises.
• Enforce your security policy to employees anywhere—even at branch offices and in their homes.
• Enjoy affordable pricing with annual subscription billing. When ransomware infects your business, it can access whatever data a compromised user in your business can access. It can consume several man hours as you try to recover lost files through email threads, with little hope of recovery.
As ransomware evolves, businesses need to keep up with the threat.”
Visit our website www.trivatechgroup.com for more protection information
or contact us at 888-352-6563.